It's hard to believe that The Lark Family Genealogy Website has been up and running for 18 years. The navigation bar at the top and the bottom of every page and on the side of the home page will take you around the site where you'll see all the old and hopefully lots of new information. I'd love to hear from you -- email, tweet, facebook, & I wouldn't even mind smoke signals if helps me to connect or stay connected with cousins -- old and new. Enjoy!
Judy PHILLIPS w/Mother Eva LARK
Everyone gets excited about different things.... I feel my heart start to race when I find a wonderful genealogy discovery. So it was several weeks ago when I found (after 30 years of searching) my first cousing Eva LARK, daughter of Lenard LARK and Grace Simmons. Read more under Elusive Ancestors.....
Raymond Earl Clark
December 1, 1927 - August 17, 2016
A lovely tribute for Scott E. Lark's Military Service, by his niece. Read More...
In 1942, my grandfather first met Corporal Robert “Skids” Gray. A native of New England who, before World War II had done duty in China and American Samoa, Skids was what my grandfather called a “model Marine.” He always presented himself immaculately: his uniform trousers had so sharp a crease you could cut your finger on it. Read More...
In 1929, my grandfather’s family moved from Castlewood, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. Before leaving Russell County, thinking he was done with school forever, my grandfather tossed aside his Kindergarden primer book along the walk home down Gravel Lick Road. Back on the farm, his mother was furious: books and paper were expensive. Read More...
Brothers: William Allen Lark (1867-1952)
and John B. Lark (1851-1901)
*Picture compliments of Dorothy
John D. Lark, my brother, and great grandson to John B. Lark -- Anybody see the resemblence to John B. Lark besides me???
|John Amburgey, Jr b1758 Culpeper County, VA and
died 3 May 1831. He was married to Elizabeth Hamons born
1759 and died 1857 in Surry County, NC. John Amburgey, Jr
served as a private in the North Carolina Continental Line and
fought in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Kings Mountain.
The battle took place on October 7, 1780 nine miles south of Kings
Mountain, SC. Elizabeth, wife of John Amburgey,
Jr. applied for a pension stating her husband had been a
Revolutionary soldier and died in Perry County, KY in 1831.
For additional information on John Amburgey and Elizabeth Hamon,
John Amburgey and Elizabeth Hamons are my 4th great grandparents.
- Added information about
Eva LARK, my found
first cousin/Elusive Ancestor & her mother, Grace Simmons
- Added, Eva Mae LARK picture and death date on Cousins page
- Added cemetery information and obituary for Eva Mae LARK (daughter of Lenard LARK & Grace SIMMONS)
- Added cemetery information, headstone picture, and obituary for Grace SIMMONS (married to Lenard LARK)
- Added several pictures of William [Bill] LARK, (son of Carl LARK &
Dorothy BOARD) and family - Gallery 12
and Gallery 13
- Added pic of Earl Vernon TODD with son, Muss TODD; Muss TODD w/mother Mary Alice LARK; & Muss TODD w/sister Ruthie TODD - Gallery 13
Marriage Certificate for Ira Bell LARK [Phillips] & Joseph Bernard DESS,
- Added Marriage Certificate for Richard Lewis LARK & Jean Carol MAGGARD
- Added Delayed Birth Certificate for Ira Bell LARK
- Added Birth Certificate for Charles Gimmel LARK
- Added Marriage Certificate for Edna May LARK and Nellus BUCHANAN
- Added Marriage Certificate for William Stafford COMER and Joan Marie HUFFMAN
- Added Marriage Certification for Jerry E. LARK and Mildred Geneva PUCKETT
- Added Marriage Certificate for Nettie Belle LARK and Stafford McGuire COMER
- Added Death Certificate for Audrey Lee PHILLIPS
- Added cemetery information for Bessie M. GILLILAND (mar to Joseph R. SYKES)
- Added cemetery information for Joseph R. SYKES (mar to Bessie M. GILLILAND)
- Added Death Certificate for Bessie M. GILLILAND (mar to Joseph R. SYKES)
- Added Death Certificate for Nettie Belle LARK (mar to Stafford M. COMER)
- Added Death Certificate for Kenneth Wayne LARK
- Added Marriage Certificate for Paul Wilmer LARK and Leatha Mae Dotson (2nd mar for both)
- Added Marriage Certificate for William F. GILBERT and Polly M. LARK
- Added page 11 and
page 12 to the photo gallery
- Added cemetery listing and obit for Phillip Gene Lark, JR.
- Added info about Grace Simmons, our elusive ancestor
- Added Marriage License for Lola Mae LARK [Bentley] & Claude Lee McHone
- Added Marriage Certificate for Mary Ellen TAYLOR & Freddie Lee Breeding
To view entries from the old Guestbook, click here.