It's hard to believe that The Lark Family Genealogy Website has been up and running for 15 years. The navigation bar at the top and the bottom of every page and on the side of the home page will take you around the site where you'll see all the old and hopefully lots of new information. I'd love to hear from you -- email, tweet, facebook, & I wouldn't even mind smoke signals if helps me to connect or stay connected with cousins -- old and new. Enjoy!
A lovely tribute for Scott E. Lark's Military Service, by his niece. Read More...
In 1942, my grandfather first met Corporal Robert “Skids” Gray. A native of New England who, before World War II had done duty in China and American Samoa, Skids was what my grandfather called a “model Marine.” He always presented himself immaculately: his uniform trousers had so sharp a crease you could cut your finger on it. Read More...
In 1929, my grandfather’s family moved from Castlewood, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. Before leaving Russell County, thinking he was done with school forever, my grandfather tossed aside his Kindergarden primer book along the walk home down Gravel Lick Road. Back on the farm, his mother was furious: books and paper were expensive. Read More...
Brothers: William Allen Lark (1867-1952)
and John B. Lark (1851-1901)
*Picture compliments of Dorothy
John D. Lark, my brother, and great grandson to John B. Lark -- Anybody see the resemblence to John B. Lark besides me???
|John Amburgey, Jr b1758 Culpeper County, VA and
died 3 May 1831. He was married to Elizabeth Hamons born
1759 and died 1857 in Surry County, NC. John Amburgey, Jr
served as a private in the North Carolina Continental Line and
fought in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Kings Mountain.
The battle took place on October 7, 1780 nine miles south of Kings
Mountain, SC. Elizabeth, wife of John Amburgey,
Jr. applied for a pension stating her husband had been a
Revolutionary soldier and died in Perry County, KY in 1831.
For additional information on John Amburgey and Elizabeth Hamon,
John Amburgey and Elizabeth Hamons are my 4th great grandparents.
- Added birth/dates &
information for Everette Craig DAVIS, Jr
- Added headstone pic for John M. LARK
- Added cemetery and obituary for Thelma GUFFEY Lark (spouse of John M. LARK)
- Added cemetery and obituary for Roger Meade VROOMAN (spouse of Judith LARK)
- Added obituary for Martin O. Leatherwood (spouse of Virginia Ruth TODD)
- Added cemetery and obituary for Joyce R. LARK (daughter of Toy LARK & Bonnie WOLFE)
- Added cemetery for Stafford M. Comer (spouse of Nettie B. LARK)
- Added cemetery for Nettie B. LARK (daughter of William A. LARK & Cosby Ellen AMOS)
- Added cemetery and obituary for Raymond Farley COMER (son of Stafford M. COMER & Nettie B. LARK).
- Added headstone pic for Lacy Ann Sommerman
- Added headstone pic for Earl "Muss" Leonard TODD
- Added Marriage Certificate for Scott E. LARK & Shirley Jane PEARSON 25 Mar 1944, Craven, NC
To view entries from the old Guestbook, click here.